The Ecological Stoichiometry Cooperative aims to encourage community member contributions to STOICH. With each contribution, the breadth of this database will increase, as well as its value to those who use it.
Thank you for your interest in the STOICH project. Below you will find information on data contribution requirements and guidelines.
What data will be included in STOICH?
Data Contribution Requirements
STOICH is an open-source, aquatic, organismal stoichiometry database.
For more details on our data prioritization and data requirements for inclusion in STOICH, please see the following information: Data Inclusion Requirements
- Organismal or primarily organismal stoichiometry data containing at least two of the three following elements:
- Aquatic (inland)
- Field-based (non-experimental)
How do I contribute my data to STOICH?
Data Contribution Guidelines
- Identify whether you have data that meets the data requirements listed above.
- Access the STOICH Contributor Resources folder.
- Download and fill in the STOICH data template with your dataset. Please do no attempt to manipulate template structure or column headings.
- For detailed instructions please see the Data Entry Guide and FAQs within the STOICH Contributor Resources folder.
- You may also choose to send us your raw data. Please remember to include any metadata that will help our team transfer your data to our template.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach the data template or your raw data as a .csv or .xlsx file.
STOICH Data Template
To ensure quality data for STOICH database users, the ESC is requesting specific metadata from data contributions. The following metadata is required for data contributions:
- Data enterer’s name
- Data entry date
- Site name
- Data collection date
- At least two of the three following, with their associated units
- Carbon content (of an organism/organic material)
- Phosphorus content (of an organism/organic material)
- Nitrogen content (of an organism/organic material)
One of the goals of the STOICH project is to identify data gaps and database user needs.
Please contact us if you have specific data needs, or if you would like to contribute your data to the STOICH project
The STOICH database is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License